Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas has come to Apartment 107

Every where I go, I see Christmas. Decorations are hung in the streets of Roskilde, all of the shops have been selling Christmas decorations for months now, and it seems that I'm the only one who hasn't gotten ready for Christmas.
Not that I haven't been tempted to do it weeks ago! I've always had my own tradition of decorating for Christmas the day before the 1st of December, and since I'm the biggest Christmas goose, I've actually been holding myself back.

However, when I went to get the mail a couple of hours ago, there it was: A clear sign that today was the day to get ready for Christmas!
Last Friday I ordered a Christmas Calendar TV Show from when I was a kid, and I didn't count on it being here already. But there it was; "Krummernes Jul" just waiting for me to watch it. So I made myself a big pot of coffee, put on the dvd and just couldn't restraint myself any longer!
So I put on some shoes, went down to the basement, searched my way through all of my storage crap and found my big box of Christmas things.
For the last four hours I've been hanging Christmas lights, decorated my little plastic Christmas tree and been singing along to Christmas tunes.

I haven't gone all out this year, but kept it simple and cosy. However, I'm sure that there will be many add-ons over the next month or so. But ah, what a wonderful day it has been. Here are a few snippets from just one corner - there's a bit more around the place, but you'll have to wait until next week.

Have a happy happy Tuesday 




No comments:

Post a Comment