Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Personal prints


Hello Tuesday! 
Back in February I did a post on how to make your own print on a cup.
I got so into it, that I've made many since - mainly as gifts for friends and family. It's a great gift and oh so personal, and you only need 3 things to do this; an oven, a cup and a porcelain pen!



I would suggest that you buy some cheap cups for your first attempts, since it can actually be a little more tricky than you'd think. These cups only cost me $1, so it didn't hurt my wallet if they didn't come out exactly as I wanted them. They're not perfect, but I actually do like them - so now they're currently the most used cups in my house.

Anyway, when you get the porcelain pen, make sure to read how to use it - and//or ask the store clerk, if you're not certain. Then just go home and get creative, let the print dry for 4-6 hours, place them in the oven for 90 minutes and then once they're done, let them cool off with the oven door open.
Make sure to wash them before use, and then you're ready to drink coffee or tea, or perhaps give them away as a lovely and personal gift

No comments:

Post a Comment