Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pass it on, mama

Ever since I was a little girl, my mum had this chicken egg basket figurine on her kitchen shelves. I've always been very facinated by it, and when I was a wee little child, I always always always wanted to play with it, but was never allowed to.
As I grew older, I lost interest in it, but every time I was home and saw it, I still couldn't help of feeling very fond of it - as it holds a lot of great memories.
The chicken figurine has had a lot of homes, but for the past few years it has been stacked away on a shelve in the Swedish country house. As it was just easter, I couldn't stop nagging my mum for it, and FINALLY she gave in and gave it to me. I almost couldn't accept it, as it is a kind of monument from my childhood home. But my mum insisted that it was time for me to own it and display it oh so proudly, haha.
The funny thing is, that my mum actually never liked the chicken figurine, but kept it all these years because I loved it. But that's my mum; she hates everything kitch, and I just can't get enough of it!

- and it's great for stashing my Easter Egg chokolates :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment