Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Summary

It seems like, lately, the blog is a bit on and off. One week I can't get enough of blogging, and the next I can't find the time for it. This week has been one of the latter, but yesterday I finally managed to grab my camera and take a few pictures. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
The week started out with a day off from school. I didn't do much else than watch a lot of Desperate Housewives and getting ready for a new week.

Tuesday started out good. Maria came by for morning coffee, and we shared a lot of laughs. But then the day started to go a bit in the wrong direction. I just couldn't get anything right in chem, and my mood started to get worse. Finally I just decided that enough was enough, and gave up. Maria was great though; she's a genius at math and chem, and she has really helped me a lot since we started the class. After class we drove home to my place again for a quick cup o' joe and ciggys, and then when she went home, I decided that I simply couldn't accept the zigzaggy turn the day had taken - a little up and then a little down and then the same over and over again - so I found my chem book, my lab notebooks and just went at it. I read up on all the things I didn't understand, watched a lot of videos and wrote a whole lot of notes. Then I re-wrote all of the notes I've taken in class, and got my stuff organized. I ended up spending 7 hours, but when the day was finally over, I really felt that I had done something worthwhile. And it turned out that it did me some good...

... Thursday, where I rocked in chem. Okay, "rocked" may be overstating it a little, but I can honestly say that I've never left a chem lesson feeling that good. So all my hard work turned out to be totally worthwhile.

Friday I went to Psychology. It seemed like the clock was broken, but when we finally stopped for the day, I was going to meet Marie and Simon for "Fredags Café" - loosely translated "Friday Café". Every Friday students meet up in the canteen and drink beer, listen to music, play fuse ball and drink more beer. Normally I don't go, but I felt like having some fun. I just had to make a quick stop at Bahne, where I bought the nicest, prettiest and warmest slippers in the world. As I was unlocking my bike, Marie and Simon walked by. Turned out there weren't that many people at Fredags Café, so in stead me and Marie helped Simon grocery shopping for a party.

Yesterday I was in a very handy mood and decided to do something about it. So I drilled some holes in my kitchen wall and hung a magnetic knife strip. I know it's not that handy, but I always feel a bit proud when I've done something handy at home all by myself. I also hung some pictures, hung a rag of hooks, cleaned out the cabinets, did a bit of re-arranging of my kitchen supplies and cleaned. But I wasn't done yet, so I went out in my hallway and cleaned up there too. For a Saturday I think I was pretty productive, haha.

So that's my week in writing.
Now off to something less fun; doing my homework for tomorrow.
Have a lovely Sunday, superstars :)


No comments:

Post a Comment