Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Summary

This week has been lovely, as I've been with my parents in their summer home in Sweden. I took the train from Roskilde Monday morning,
and 5 hours later, I arrived at the sunny station in Växjö, Sweden. If you're curious about how the house looks, then take a look at this post.

Tuesday I spend most of the day outside. I helped my dad chopping wood, and in general just helped around. There's a lot of stuff to be done with old, wooden houses, so every time you're done with one thing, there's always something new to do. However, in the evening we had a relaxing time.
My mum had made a delicious strawberry cake, and we spend some hours in front of the telly watching a couple of episodes of Mad Men.

Wednesday we took the car for a spin, and drove to Växjö, where we did some vintage shopping. Well, my mum and I did - my dad hates going shopping with us, but then again, isn't it like that with all dads? :) Anyway, I found a couple of nice things - like a vintage ashtrey and two tea pots.
All in all it was a good day.

Friday it was, once again, pouring down. There's not much summer about this summer - at least not in Sweden. Not one day has gone by this past week, without it raining. But then again, I love rainy weather (as long as I'm inside) so it didn't bother me that much. I spend some hours down in the smithy, where I helped my dad paint cupboards, and later in the day, I once again chopped some wood.

All in all it's been a quiet and cozy week here in Sweden. Tomorrow I'm going home again.
I love being on vacation where ever, but it's still nice to come home again.
I hope you all have had a great week as well.
See you, xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment